Federal Benefits Open Season to Begin Next Monday
Federal Benefits Open Season begins next Monday, November 14, 2016 and will run through December 12, 2016.
OPM's homepage includes all the necessary resources regarding health, dental and vision insurance, plus flexible spending account benefits.
It includes a plan comparison tool as well as access to the various plan brochures for active federal employees, federal retirees and other annuitants, and tribal employees.
Features on the new comparison tool include:
- The ability to sort the cost of monthly premiums, annual deductibles and annual out-of- pocket maximums, in addition to listing them as highest-lowest cost or lowest-highest cost. Click on “i” (add graphic) for definitions of health insurance terms.
- A comparison list showing 11 items most people consider when shopping for health insurance for all plans available to the individual
- Sliding bars to help focus on what is important in a search for health insurance - Click on “Refine Results” to use this tool.
- The ability to select up to 3 plans to compare and to switch plans to continue comparing without starting a new search.
- Clearer descriptions of benefits and services for each plan selected.
Posted in General News
Tags: OPM, Federal Employees Health Benefits, open season