Women on the Rise: A Leadership Dialogue
Federal employees and contractors are invited to join an exciting and dynamic afternoon with high-level women across government to hear about leadership, learning, and life-long lessons. Both men and women are encouraged to attend.
- Learn about career navigation strategies, taking smart risks, failure and recovery, resiliency, what keeps leaders up at night, the importance of mentorship and giving back, how we can all support each other, advice for the next generation of leaders, and making the U.S. government a rewarding place to work for both women and men.
- Participate in interagency networking & make professional associations among fellow federal government colleagues.
- Hear from high-level speakers on their personal journey to leadership.
- Discuss how to inspire the younger generation to pursue government fields and reach more underrepresented individuals including women and girls.
- View the National Inventors Hall of Fame display, located on the level immediately above the event.
The all-star panel:
- Moderated by Wynn Coggins, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, United States Patent and Trademark Office & Chair of the USPTO Network of Executive Women
- Sarah Harris, General Counsel, United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Maureen Wylie, Chief Financial Officer, Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Dr. Joanne Tornow, Acting Assistant Director, Biological Sciences, National Science Foundation
- Sonya Holt, Director's Advisory Group on Women in Leadership, Implementation Lead, CIA
- Gwendolyn DeFilippi, Deputy Human Resources Director, Federal Aviation Administration
- Kathleen Miller, Assistant to the Army Deputy Chief of Staff, Department of the Army
- Mary P. Anderson, Director of Small Business Engagement, U.S. Postal Service
- Dr. Njema Frazier, Nuclear Physicist, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy
- Mary Boney Denison, Commissioner for Trademarks, United States Patent and Trademark Office
Posted in Educate Yourself